Bulgaria is a very diverse country, despite being fairly small. The different regions of the country differ so much and it almost feels like being in different countries. So, do explore the whole of it.
Here are a few of the reasons you might enjoy travelling Bulgaria:
- Much different from what you see in a standard European country. No polished sightseeing, no perfectly clean streets, no order and silence.
- Lots of sights – historical, cultural and natural. You just have to discover them :), as information for some of them is pretty scarce.
- Delicious and cheap local food in restaurants. And you will learn to appreciate good service as you aren’t going to get it all the time 😉
- Opportunities for lots of un-civilized hiking and adventure. Can you imagine that finding the marks on the tourist paths could be a real challenge?
- Dive into life as it used to be tens of years ago. In the remote villages of Bulgaria time seems to have stopped..so you don’t need a time machine to dive into the old times, just some courage to reach those places.
- Hiking, skiing, diving, sunbathing, kayaking, yachting… there’s something for everyone.
Best of all, when travelling Bulgaria you never know what you are going to experience. It’s a combination of thrill, adventure and real pleasure, for both the eyes and senses. Because Bulgaria and its people are still natural. They are kind, smiling, rude, direct, offensive – this is how life and its challenges shaped them. But, do accept them, as inside themselves they are all good.
Need more reasons? Check out this video: